Thank you for reading. Our pet insurance profile database is now under construction. Please continue to check back as we add more reporting.
Type of Company
Number of Active Policy Holders/Subscribers 880,000
- Live telephone support is available at 800-540-2016 Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Pacific Time
- If you enroll in a plan through your employer, additional exclusions and restrictions may apply, the most important restriction being an annual maximum reimbursement limit of $7500.
- Customer service representatives have been instructed to say that Nationwide does not provide full-text sample policies for prospective customers researching and comparing different providers, and that the only way to read a policy in fine print is to enroll. Contrary to what prospective customers are told when they call and ask to read a sample policy, the sample policies are published online, albeit in a part of the website where a prospective customer is unlikely to go. https://www.petinsurance.com/forms/ The insurer has declined multiple requests to explain its practice of instructing agents not to provide sample policies to prospective customers.
- Formerly Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI)
- Acquired by Nationwide in 2008
- VPI was the first pet health insurance provider in the U.S. (1982)
Are accidents-only plans available?
Are wellness-only plans available?
Are accidents + illness + wellness/routine care plans available?
Are accidents + illness plans available?